In this huge world with its large population, every activity is supposed to be done as a Yajnam (sacrifice). As long as it is so, the world and its inhabitants, human or otherwise, live in harmony and satisfaction. Unfortunately, it is not the case with our present world. Hence the conditions in the world are also not Satisfactory and peaceful.
Every individual must think about meeting his own necessities and he/she may even think of the means to fulfil his/her small legitimate desires. But if an individual, all his life, spends his (or her as the case may be) time, energy and money only for his own self interests, he becomes a bane to world and also to himself. All the great personalities in the history about whom we remember, study and revere were those who thought about themselves only minimally and served the world around without reservations with as much time, money, and energy then could gather - personalities like a Buddha, a Christ and a Vivekananda.
The joy in serving others without any selfish motive is infinitely greater than catering to only one’s own desires and needs because the latter can be and is done even by animals. It is a joy to be tasted personally. We invite every one to cultivate this habit of Service.
There are various ways to serve the society. The Ramakrishna Math, Hyderabad, as you can see in this website, serves the society around in various ways. You could join us in one or more of the following ways:
- You could join Vivekananda Yuva Jagruti Vedika, if you are young (Yuva). Contact the VIHE office at the number given below every page.
- You could join as a teacher of languages, if you have enough skills and are a teacher, and thus serve many students. See VIOL section and contact VIOL office.
- You could, if you are a doctor, serve in our Vivekananda Health centre. Contact the VHC office.
- You could, if you can and are qualified, teach various classes mentioned in the VIHE section. Contact VIHE office.
- You could, if you are a college/School/Institution, let us open a Vivekananda centre for Human Excellence at your own place. Contact VIHE office.
- You could, if you have time and temperament, serve as a volunteer in our bookstalls or in the temple occasionally or regularly, depending upon the case, under the guidance of the swamis of the math. Contact office.
- You could serve in our Annadanam, Bala Narayana Seva, and Sarada Vidya Dana Kendram sections. Contact office.
- You could help spread Ramakrishna-Vivekananda-Vedanta inspiring literature by helping our Jagruti Vehicles go to your place or yourself going to various places In Andhra Pradesh. Contact Publication office.
- You could also join our Bhajans everyday evening, especially Saturdays and Sundays and help the environment both external and internal get cleansed and purified. Bhajans are also a major help in a spiritual aspirant's life and practice.
- You could also serve in providing technical assistance or by giving suggestions to help improve this website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You could also serve us by accepting our services in and through these institutes and grow yourselves and later help society in cultivating values and other essentials by leading an ideal life.
- You could donate money for all these various services conducted by the math. Contact our office or visit the 'Donate' section of this website.